Terms and Conditions - Barcelona
Due to ongoing worldwide Covid19 situation number of participants will be limited!
By Submitting an Online Registration Applicant signs this Agreement and understands the conditions, agrees with its terms, acknowledges that all the obligations mentioned in the Terms and Conditions must be met in a timely manner, and recognizes, that failure to do so will invalidate the Candidate's Registration.
You have to be 17 years of age by January 2023 and a Graduate of a Professional Ballet School to Apply
Experienced professional dancer (not older than 26 years of age at the time of Audition)
FEMALE DANCERS (minimum height 160cm)
MALE DANCERS (minimum height 175+ cm)
1. By signing this Agreement, the Candidate or his/her parent or legal representatives are, or might be, giving up some important legal rights. Before signing this Agreement, the Candidate or his/her parent or legal representatives should carefully read this Agreement in order to fully understand the legal rights that he/she is or might be giving up.
2. The Grand Audition is organized by Dance & Dancers Art Productions (agency) to be referred to in this Agreement as the “Organiser”, registered applicant/participant of the Grand Audition to be referred to in this Agreement as the “Candidate”. His/her Parent or legal representatives of the applicants below 18 years of age will be referred to in this Agreement as the “Candidate”.
3. Application for the Grand Audition implies a full acceptance of the Terms & Conditions between the Parties: the Organiser and the Candidate (or his/her legal representative). This agreement is deemed read and accepted when the Candidate (or his/her legal representative) clicks on the button “Submit and proceed to the payment” of the Online Registration form related to the Terms & Conditions.
4. The purpose of the Grand Audition is to provide the opportunity for the young professional dancers to audition in front of multiple ballet company Artistic Directors or their official Representatives in view of getting a position within these companies.
5. It is the responsibility of the Candidate to ensure that they have adequate identification documents and, if necessary, a valid visa to travel to Spain / France to participate in the Grand Audition. "Organiser" does not issue Visa supporting letters or any documents in relation to Visa.
6. Organiser does not provide travel, accommodation, or meals during the Grand Audition. We reserve the right to make changes or amend Artistic Directors should this be necessary.
7. The registration process is as follows: The deadline for the Application is December 15, 2022, or once the number of accepted applicants reached its limit. Once accepted, the Administration fee Must be paid within 3 days of the acceptance email notification letter. Unpaid registrations within the given time will be automatically terminated and the Registration Processing fee will be lost.
How to Apply
The candidate should complete an Online Registration Form available on the website of Grand Audition (www.grandaudition.net). The Online Registration Form includes a link for the video of the Candidate submitting the Form, including a password if access is protected. Video has to be recent, not older than 6 months.
Video must include:
A) Variation from the classical ballet repertoire showing the dancer clearly in an appropriate ballet attire (any variation, does not have to be from the GA list of variations)
B) Exercises on a center: For Ladies on pointe
- Entrechat six
- Grand Allegro
- Double tours - (for Gentlemen only)
Candidate MUST upload two (2) color photographs with a clear background when filling out the Registration. Images must be in high-resolution format! The file should not exceed 2MB.
1 - Headshot with clear background
1 - In Arabesque (Demi - Pointe for gentlemen, On Pointe for Ladies) or a Ballet Position that shows the Candidate's full body line
("SELFIES" are not acceptable) * Photographs taken on the Beach / Forest / City / Car / Screenshots / are not accepted!!! The registration will not be accepted and the fee will be lost!)
Failure of providing above mentioned material in the requested format will automatically lead to disqualification of the registration and the processing fee will be lost.
Non-refundable Registration Processing fee of a total of €45.00 (including 21% IVA) must be paid via Online Payment System when submitting the Registration. The Registration fee is non-refundable! PLEASE NOTE that unpaid Registrations will not be reviewed and will be automatically terminated without further notice within two days.
Should the Date of Birth be entered incorrectly registration will not be accepted.
A jury led by the Artistic team of (Dance & Dancers Art Productions) will assess the Candidates' ability and their professional level. The Candidate shall be notified of the results by the email address provided in the Registration form at the latest by December 20, 2022. The decision of the jury is final.
Selected Candidates of the Grand Audition must:
Confirm participation by making an Event Administrative payment of €290 (including IVA 21%) for the Grand Audition within 3 calendar days of the acceptance email notification letter. Failure to comply by the given deadline will result in the termination of the registration. Fees are non-refundable nor transferable to any other participant nor to any other GA event.
Candidate Must choose and submit Variation which he/she will be presenting for the second round if selected by Artistic Director(s) after class. Variation can be changed as long as it is from the list provided. Please see the list of Variations.
Candidate Must have a USB with music file (mp3 / format .wav format) of the Variation presented. If the Candidate is selected for the 2nd round USB must be submitted in time, as defined by the Organiser. USB must contain ONLY a recording of the variation presented.
Candidates without audio recordings of the Variation will not be allowed to the 2nd round.
VARIATIONS ARE PREFERRED TO BE PRESENTED IN FULL COSTUME AND MAKE-UP, HOWEVER, IF THE CANDIDATE HAS DIFFICULTIES OBTAINING A COSTUME IT IS ALLOWED TO PRESENT THE VARIATION IN PROPER BALLET ATTIRE.
PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW AND CHECK your registration information before submission.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CHECK if the email address entered on the registration form is correct. We will only respond to an email entered by the Candidate on the Form. D&D Art Productions is not responsible for the information entered on the Registration form by the participants or their representatives.
IT IS THE CANDIDATE’S RESPONSIBILITY to review the information they enter and make sure it is correct.
At the Grand Audition
A presentation of the Artistic Directors.
Class in presence of Artistic Directors who will select the dancers they would like to see presenting a variation.
D&D Art Productions Representative will post the selected Candidates' numbers on the board after each class is over.
All decisions by Artistic Directors are final.
5. Parents / Teachers / Participants are not permitted to observe Grand Audition.
Selected Candidates warm-up Class (without Artistic Directors)
Variations presented in front of the Artistic Directors.
After the variation presentation, Artistic Directors will make their selection of the Candidates.
D&D Representative will post the selected Candidates' numbers on the board after the meeting with the Artistic Directors
Candidates that are identified as potential recruits will be called in for a meeting(s) with Artistic Director(s).
6. Candidates who did not pass to the second round and staying, are allowed to observe from the audience at no additional charge.
Reimbursements / Cancellations
1. Reimbursements are allowed ONLY in case of illness or injuries and ONLY if the student/candidate presents 2 (two) different medical certificates from 2 (two) different Specialised Physicians. Certificates issued by a Physiotherapist and Osteopaths are NOT ACCEPTED. Handwritten Certificates are NOT ACCEPTED. Long-term Injuries/illnesses resulting from previous or old chronic injuries/illnesses will not be considered for the reimbursements.
2. All the Certificates issued by the physicians/doctors must be on the official medical blank with letterhead and must bear the name of the doctor, institution/clinic with the exact address, and ink signature. The certificates must specify the diagnosis in accordance with the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems. It must include the date of the injury or illness, the date of issue of the certificate, the Physicians / Doctors signature and Collegiate number of the Doctor, and the Authority Centre where this certificate was issued. Certificates for reimbursements must be submitted no later than November 15, 2022. Certificates of injuries or illnesses that occurred after November 15, 2022, are NOT ACCEPTED. Injuries that occurred due to an old injury are not eligible for a refund. Information provided by the Candidate is strictly confidential and is not shared with any other party.
3. Maximum reimbursement of 200 Euro will be given to the injured/ill Candidate in case he/she is able to provide all the necessary documents at the right time.
4. Any other cancellations/withdrawals before or during the GRAND AUDITION do not entitle the reimbursement of any fee. If the Candidate decides not to attend/participate in GRAND AUDITION at the last minute for any reason he/she will not be eligible for the refund. Candidates will not be transferred from one Grand Audition event to the other if such an event takes place. A new Registration will have to be submitted with a new registration fee.
The Candidate or his parents / legal representatives understand and agree that during the GRAND AUDITION, he/she may be photographed and/or filmed during the audition or performance of the Variation. The Candidate or his parents / legal representatives grants D&D Art Productions an unrestricted right to use in any form the image, picture, likeness, voice, and/or name of the Candidate for all D&D Art Productions promotional materials including brochures, newspaper articles, books, and/or television and for commercial purposes. The candidate agrees to adhere to the policies therein.
Video is not for sale and it is a property of D&D Art Productions.
Candidate or his parents / legal representatives hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless D&D Art Productions and/or the agents, employees, and directors of this institution (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) for any loss, claim, damage, suit, costs or expenses, including attorneys’ fees and court costs, resulting from or arising out of any injury to any person or damage to property, caused by the Candidate or whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Indemnified Parties, incurred as a result of or during the GRAND AUDITION or any activities in connection with the GRAND AUDITION.
Assumption of the Risk of Participation and Use of D&D Premises
By signing this Agreement, Candidate or his parents / legal representatives agree to assume full responsibility for, and risk of, bodily injury, death, or property damage to which relate to or arise out Candidate’s entry into or use of the D&D Art Productions Premises in any way. By signing this Agreement Candidate or his parents / legal representatives acknowledge that the risks associated with entry into and use of the D&D Premises may be both foreseen and unforeseen, and may include serious physical injury and/or death, and other personal and property damages, and agree to assume all associated risks.
It is mandatory that the Candidate takes out personal health / medical, travel, and accident insurance which is valid in Spain (EU)
I declare that all the information that I have provided is complete and accurate and I am fit to participate in the event.
I, the undersigned, hereby declare that I know I am about to participate in a Dance activity that demands significant physical effort.
I hereby declare that I am healthy and fit for the activity and have trained for it accordingly.
I understand that my participation in the Grand Audition event, under the circumstances that I am not adequately in physical form, may endanger my health.
I am aware that the organizing committee of the event, the hosting party, the organizers and producers, and the sponsors will not undertake
any responsibility for any harm that I may endure, including bodily harm that may occur prior to the event, during, or thereafter, nor are they responsible for any lost or damaged belongings.
I declare that if during the Grand Audition, I suffer or if I suspect that I suffer from any sickness, including fever, digestive issues, or cough, then I will consult a physician prior to the event and receive permission to participate.
I hereby grant permission to the production company, and the related Grand Audition sponsors, organizers, management, and producers to use any photographs and videos of me without payment or compensation for the purpose of public relations, marketing, TV, and advertising.
I understand that, by making the Registration and Event Administrative payment, I am hiring an Agency - D&D Art Productions (referred to in this Agreement as "ORGANISER") in order to present myself to multiple directors representing professional ballet companies, at the event created by the agency "Grand Audition".
Should events beyond the reasonable control of the Parties to this Agreement, including but not limited to (1) acts of God, (2) war, including armed conflict, (3) strikes or labour disputes, (4) an epidemic or pandemic, (5) government regulation or advisory (including travel advisory warnings), (6) civil disturbance, (7) terrorism or threats of terrorism as substantiated by governmental warnings or advisory notices, (8) curtailment of transportation services or facilities which would materially affect attendees from attending the Event, (9) disaster, fire, earthquakes, hurricanes, (10) unseasonable extreme inclement weather, (11) shortages or disruption of the electrical power supply causing blackouts or rolling blackouts or other essential utilities or (12) any other cause reasonably beyond the Parties' control (collectively referred to as "occurrences"), making the event commercially impracticable, impracticable to perform, illegal, or impossible to fully perform under this Agreement as the Parties originally contracted. These events should affect the region where the GRAND AUDITION takes place. In such case, the affected Party may terminate this Agreement, without liability and without having to refund the registration fee, upon written notification. When stated in any provision of this Agreement, "without liability" means that there will be no liquidated damages, attrition fees, cancellation fees, reimbursement of costs, service charges, or any direct, consequential, compensatory, special incidental damages or any other damages or amounts of any nature whatsoever.
Choice of Law and Forum Selection
These Terms & Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Catalunya (Spain). The Parties agree that any dispute related to the present agreement should be addressed amicably. In case of failure to resolve the issue amicably, the parties submit all their disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Barcelona.
The Candidate or his parents / legal representatives voluntarily sign this Agreement and further agrees that no oral statements or inducement apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
• All Participants that are not vaccinated for Covid19, must submit a PCR test made within 24 hours before the start of the Grand Audition. Vaccinated participants must have an up-to-date vaccination certificate.
• Only participants are permitted to enter the auditorium, dressing rooms, and stage. Parents, friends, or other accompanying persons are not allowed to enter the auditorium, dressing rooms, and stage.
• All participants may require to wear masks during all classes.
The organizer reserves the right to switch the Grand Audition to an Online format if restrictions are imposed by the government/theatre or if there is a threat to the health and safety of participants/organizers/directors. If such occurs Candidates will be introduced to online format rules and regulations.
Due to uncertainty in relation to COVID-19, rules and regulations of participation in the Grand Audition will be updated regularly, and Candidates will be informed about any changes that may occur.
THE CANDIDATE HAS READ UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO THE TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.